Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chix and Chocolate

Spring has finally Sprung and I love it. 
To celebrate and have some girl time I hosted a little girl time party Sunday afternoon.
Wanted to do something cute and Spring related so we had tons of chocolate and fun spring colors.

I had Brownies, Cupcakes, Chocolate Chip cookies, all kind of little Chocolate candy and Chips and Punch.

When I was a little girl my Grandmother always took my cousin and myself to this local tea pallor. 
We would dress up in all the vintage clothes and boa's, eat little sandwiches and of course drink tea. 
I always would tell my grandmother 
when I grew up and got married I wanted my own tea set for my house. 
Well when I got married 3 years ago my grandmother bought me my own tea set.

Until Sunday I had never used my tea set. We didn't all set around and drink tea from the cups per say, but I used the set as part of my serving and decorations.
 I have to say it was super cute!

My a Flower arrangement for the Tea Pot and
used the cups for candies!


I am an antique junkie and have tons of things I have picked up here and there or that has been handed down to me. FireKing being one of the many things I love to collect.
I used some of those pieces as well and some old mason jars.
Used to hold Forks, Spoons and Knives.


Yummy Punch I found on Pinterest.

The Punch recipe I found on Pinterest and will making again it was super Yumm-O.

1-  12 ounce can of frozen Pineapple Juice
1- 6 ounce can of frozen Lemonade
 1 Liter of Ginger Ale
4 Cups of Water
A bag of Frozen Fruit

I mixed this all together in a large pitcher and then poured into Punch bowl.
You can use fresh fruit if you would like.
 I choose to use frozen so it would keep the punch cool and not water it down.
It is Pretty and tasted great! 

Full Table Layout

Tea Pot Flower Arrangement


I love to mix and match things and try to make it look original. 
I think when things are too matchy, matchy you lose who you are.

We all had a great time and really enjoyed the girl time! 
What are your favorite things to use when you entertain? What are your Go To decorating pieces? 

Until Next Time,
Ashley 




No comments:

Post a Comment