Thursday, March 29, 2012

Project Me...

I feel that more often than not I am super hard on myself. 
I really am my own worst critic.
 I complain about my clothes, the way I look, my weight, not having anything to do, my lack of time with friends, being sad, missing home. The list really could go on and on.

Here is something I have started to realize though...

I am the only one who can change it!!!

This is exactly what I have been trying to do. Not just lose weight and eat healthier.
 I am trying to do things I love again so that I can be a happier person. 
Surrounding myself with positive people so that I to can be positive. 
Eliminate ALL Drama! 
Spend more time with my amazing family that make me so happy. 
Reflect daily on myself and where I want to be and who I want to grow to become.

Since I have started trying to do these things I can say that I am starting to see a change. 
I am seeing the person I use to be. The one who was happy and always had a good time.
The person that took things as they came and One Day at a Time!

Something that I have really struggled with is being so hard on myself and the way I look. 
Seeing myself in the mirror or in pictures has been something that I can't stand until here recently.

I am not trying to sound full of myself, I am just learning not to be so hard on myself.
My husband loves me and who I am. That in it's self is what is really important.

But as a way to try and strengthen my self esteem and to teach me not to be so hard on myself I am going to start taking pictures of myself and finding something beautiful in them. 

What better day to start then today?!?!

The length of my hair!

Super cute new shoes, Love mixing patterns!
I think that if we all took a little time to reflect on ourselves it would make us all become stronger. 
It is to easy to get lost in what we do and who we are. Then we lose ourselves. 
I mean I am Jesse's wife and Clayton's Mommy and I love being both of those. 
That isn't just who I am though.

I am outspoken, sometimes funny = ), loud, adventurous, a great listener, an even better talker.
I love to shop, dig through antiques, repurposing things, decorating, painting, photography, reading, walking, Zumba, being outside, making things. 

These are all things who help make me the person I am and want to be and with a little bit of focus and tons of work I am going to find my way back to the happy, positive person I use to be.

Life is to short to be stressed all the time and I just have to remember to tell myself that everyday and to

JUST BREATHE!
Until Next Time,
Ashley 

3 comments:

  1. I love you sister! You are a beautiful person, inside and out. You always have been! I love you and who you are and wouldn't change a thing about you, and I know everyone else that loves you would say the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is there own worst critic. You should be proud you have a beautiful smile :) your list of things to do/work on to make yourself happy is a good one, sounds like it's working already! Have a great day,

    Em

    Also, I found your blog through jessie's ^ blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you too sister! Thanks Em, I am glad to be finding the beauty in everything and focusing on my family has really helped me find Happiness.

    ReplyDelete