Monday, March 26, 2012

Plum Tired.

I knew it was to good to be true when all of a sudden at 
3 months my son started sleeping in his own crib with no problems. 
 Lay him down awake and he would happily babble himself into sweet dream land.

Well a couple of weeks ago that all came to a screeching stop!
 Or Screaming stop would be more appropriate way of putting it.

It was like a switch in his little brain turned on all of a sudden and he decided that he was never ever going to sleep in his crib again...aka baby jail!

We were finally use to him waking once a night to nurse and then calmly going back to sleep until about 8:00 in the morning and it was pure bliss. Being able to cuddle with my husband and get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. I mean after all how many people with a 8 month old can say that they can do that?!!? 


Well we are no longer the couple that everyone loathes when they say that, because that is nothing but a small glimpse of what use to be... Saying that I am wore out is an understatement, I mean I am lucky to be getting 5 hours of sleep at night and that is by no means uninterrupted. Clayton is back to waking every two to three hours to nurse and sleeping in our bed. Which means every time he moves I am awake. 
Then it is impossible to fall back to sleep. 

I know it's not his fault he is teething and probably going through a growth spurt, but I am a person who CAN NOT function without my sleep. Without my sleep I am a person you do not want to be around. 
Poor hubby! 

I try to reason with my son and tell him these things. I mean I literally have full on conversations with my
8 1/2 month old on how I need my sleep. I tell him that if momma ain't happy, then no one is happy! Of course he just gives me his snaggle tooth smile and I can't help but smile too. 

SOOOOoooooo My questions is for all of you Momma's who have already went through this. 
How did you cope and handle the situation? 

I am absolutely against the Cry it Out method. I mean that is just cruel and not my thing. Not to mention my son is relentless and will not give up and just wear himself out. 
He goes into a full fledge panic until he can barely breath and is gagging himself.
SO what else is there? What are somethings that you have tried that worked for you.

I am clasping at anything here so I can be a well rested, happy, functioning person again and all insight would be wonderful. 

Until Next Time,
Ashley 

2 comments:

  1. I have, by no means, gone through this...yet, and so my suggestion is merely one from other mommies after having seen this question pop up several times on the birthing and baby forums I subscribe to. The book "The No Cry Sleep Solution" gets recommended countless times by countless women when sleep issue questions come up...which makes me think there may be something to it. Check on Amazon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will have to look into that book!!!

    ReplyDelete