Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I am woman, HEAR ME ROAR.

I have spent a lot of time pondering lately who I am and where I want to be.
I seen this link up a while back while on one of my favorite blogs here.
Which I then traced to one of my newest fav blogs here.

I LOVE IT. 
I love the idea of it and everything it stands for. 
These pretty awesome chic's got me thinking.
Who am I?
What do I believe in?


WO·MAN·I·FES·TO  
NOUN
 
\ˌWO-MA-NƏ-ˈFES-(ˌ)TŌ\

 A written statement declaring publicly the intentions, motives, and views of its female author. May include themes of empowerment, independence, self love, consciousness, affirmation, and individual acceptance; your positive beliefs about yourself. Created to give self-described definition in regards to the innate beauty inside of every woman. Yes, even you.


I know I use this picture a lot,
but this is me no makeup and I love this picture.

I am Ashley. 
I am a mother and wife.
I don't have a college degree nor have I met my first set of goals I gave myself when I graduated.
I am okay with that.
I can be loud at times.
I LIKE TO WHINE. Sometimes for no reason at all. It's just me. and I LOVE IT.
I say more four letter words than I should.
I am okay with that.
I love tattoo's and the meaning they carry.
Each a story of where I have been in my life.
I like to get dressed up occasionally. but feel most like myself in jeans and a comfy top.
My family is my everything.
I love art. Music. Pictures. and making things.
I love to be creative but don't do it near as often as I should.
I can be bitch and not mean to.
If you ask me I will tell it like I see it. So if you don't want the truth don't ask.
I get my feelings hurt to easily.
I love to decorate.
Learning new things is essential in my life. 
As much as I hate packing, I love the adventure of moving.
I still want to be an interior designer when I grow up. =)
I try and remember to smile even when I don't feel like it.
I always try to search for the positive in ever situation life sends my way. 
I will always try and take in life's beauty. Pay attention to the small things.
Embrace the goodness that I know is still in people.
I vow to always try and dance in the rain.
Search for the rainbow after my storm.
I vow to never be ashamed of who I am.
WHO I AM IS "REAL"
I only have one person to impress and when I stand before him one day.
 His words will be all that matter.             

I know I will fall. I know I will cry. I know I will get discouraged.
Through those things I will find my strength, desire and will to keep going.

I will surround myself with positive people and people who make me happy!
I will hold on to God's promises.
I will search through life with a heart and mind of a child.
SO I'm not to lose the amazing things life had to offer.

I won't try and put so much on myself I feel like a failure if I don't accomplish it. 
I will set goals that challenge me but that are obtainable.

I WILL BE ME! 
Love me or leave me.
I WILL BE THE BEST ME I CAN BE!

You know I am sure I will add to this. It's one of those things that is always growing
as I do. I hope you will take the time and do this too! It truly is empowering.
And go check out all the other Womanifesto's here.


Ashley                             

4 comments: