Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Small Town Southern Man

The weather is changing here and as Fall is fast approaching, 
I am torn.

I love fall. Really everything about it makes me happy.
But it is also a hard time for me.
I catch myself being sad and wanting to be alone more.

I see my daddy everywhere this time of year.
In the cooler weather. Getting ready for hunting season.
Planning family camping trips. Working in the yard.

Around the bonfire with friends laughing and telling stories.
My daddy told the best stories! 
I see his smile like I got to see it yesterday.
I wish I had.

You would think that 4 years after he has passed away this would get easier
for me. It hasn't.

I heard this song on the radio earlier today as I was feeling a little down,
it made me smile. My daddy always had a way of doing that too. 

So I wanted to share it with you. 
I know not everyone likes country music but my daddy was a 
southern country man and I loved that about him.



Not everything is literally in the song. But for whatever reason
I always think of him and smile when I hear it.
Hope you guys enjoy as well.

Smile on Lovelies,
Ashley 



2 comments:

  1. I like that song :)
    My thoughts & prayers are with you (and your sister!) and I hope you can try to remember the wonderful memories you have, and not be too sad :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is what helps me is all the memories. ;)

      Delete