Clean eating has been going great with just a few hiccups. And for the most part it is becoming second nature and must easier. Don't get me wrong it is still a daily struggle but making new recipes and trying new things have become a fun challenge! I love bell peppers and I haven't made stuffed peppers in awhile so I thought I would clean up the recipe I have used before.
Clean Stuffed Peppers
- 6 Bell Peppers
- 1 1/2 Pounds Ground Turkey
- 3 15 Ounce Cans Organic Tomato Paste
- 2 Cans Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Brown Rice
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup Chicken or Veggie Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook brown rice according to the instructions.
- Slice the tops of peppers off and remove cores. Set aside the tops.
- Place your peppers in a baking dish (with a lid if you have one. Don't panic if you don't have one.) Make sure dish is small enough so the peppers will snuggly stand upright.
- Pour 2 of the 3 cans of sauce into the bottom to the pot so that your peppers will sit into the sauce.
- Remove the seed from the pepper tops and chop up the top of the peppers, as well as the onion.
- Put your veggies and diced tomatoes into a pan with the olive oil and sauté until they are nice and soft, Add the cooked rice to the veggie mixture.
- Place cooked veggies in a large bowl and set to the side.
- Using the same pan you cooked your veggies in, cook your ground turkey with the broth. Add spices to your meat.
- In the last 3 to 5 minutes of cooking add the veggie and rice mixture to the meat.
- Return entire mixture mixture to the large mixing bowl. Add last can of tomato sauce. Stir well.
- Fill you peppers with the meat mixture.
- Cover with lid. If you don't have one cover with tin foil.
- Bake for about an hour or until your peppers are very soft.
- Cool and serve with a little sauce on top!
This turned out so good and were a hit with everyone even my toddlers!
Hope you guys enjoy!!
Shine On Lovelies,