Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I thought I loved you then.

You know I never thought that the night I went out with my girls
 almost 6 years ago to celebrate being single and how much we hated men,
that I would meet my husband! The father of our children and man of my dreams.

But I did!
 Crazy as it sounds my Prince Charming was 
just where he needed to be at just the right time in my life.

God really does know just what he is doing. 
My husband saved me. He helped me realize what life really is all about.

He has been there for me through some of the hardest times in my life.
Held me up when my legs wouldn't support my own weight.

Calmed me down when I needed it.
Made me smile when I really just wanted to cry.

He has been my constant. 
My laugh. My Smile. My support. My Blessing.
He is an AMAZING father. Our Provider. Our Protector. 

The day after we met, I knew that he was the man I was going to marry.
I literally called my mom and told her that the day after we meet.

Never could I have imagined how much more I would love him now.
Each day is another day I thank God for giving me this beautiful man.
This man who has given me such a wonderful son and one on the way.

You know we have never been that couple that makes a fuss out of Holidays.
We aren't exchanging gifts for Valentine's Day. 
Simple going out on a date to dinner and then to a movie.
This is however something we do not get to do often.
So it is special. I cherish these moments.

The small moments in life that make you stop. take a deep breathe.
and realize just how very blessed you are.

As I thought about Valentine's Day. The day of Love.
You look at all the frill that goes along with it.
Balloons. Candy. Cards. Jewelry. Stuffed Animals.

It really just made me reflect back on when I found this love 
with this amazing man, My Husband.
For that I am forever thankful.

For my husband. 



For our son, who steals my heart over and over again each day.




For our unborn son who we will be welcoming into the world soon.



For the future we all have together.
For this my friends is what love is to me.



ever thine
ever mine
ever ours

Ashley

4 comments:

  1. You have such a beautiful family!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's amazing the love you can feel for someone else!!!

      Delete