Monday, February 4, 2013

Our Weekly Plan

A huge part of me trying to get us on a budget and 
organized before we welcome our newest bundle of joy is
Organization.

So I made us a family binder.
Yep your thinking right. Just like the one's you use to have in high school.

Tabs and all. I am sure as I get more organized and use to it I will add to it.
Right now it consist of our 
Calendar. Income. Budget. Meal Plans & Weeks Recipes. 
Cleaning Lists and Grocery List.

Oh and don't get me wrong I am not the crazy momma who thinks this will
fix everything but at least maybe it will help us get on the right track.


Here is our Meal Plan for the Week:

Breakfast is always what sounds good in the morning:
Eggs and bacon. Cereal. Oatmeal. 
Pancakes. (that I pre-make and freeze then just reheat) Waffles.
Muffins. Biscuits & Sausage. Smoothies.
We also always include fruit and yummy juice and Milk.

Lunch Is kind of the same concept. 
Daddy is working so it's just me and the little guy.
We love making homemade mini pizza's with some veggies and meats.
Salads. Chicken. Salmon Patties. Sandwiches. PB&J.
Leftovers. More Fruit. =) Broccoli & Cheese. Pre- Made Casseroles reheated.


Here is our Dinner Plans:
Monday: Red Bean & Rice with biscuits.
after a long day at doctor I knew we would need something easy and fast.

Tuesday: Loaded Potato & Chicken Casserole 

Wednesday: Has been nominated as Leftover Day! ;)

Thursday: Lasagna & Corn with Garlic Toast

Friday: BBQ Pork Chops, Macaroni & Cheese and Collard Greens.
(Yes I am a Southern Gal!)

Saturday: Grilled Hamburgers & French Fries with a Salad

Sunday: Cajun Chicken Pasta with steamed Broccoli as side



I went this last week and got all the groceries I need for this week and next.
My plan is to make our menu's two weeks out and get all that I need. 
As well as plan meals with store specials and coupons.
Hoping this helps save lots of money. ;)

I have also taken the things that need to be done around the house and 
spread them out for each day of the week. 
This really helps me being almost 30 weeks pregnant and having a toddler.

I don't feel like I have to get it all done in one day and 
it still gets done and keeps me from getting too behind!

The great thing about the binder is it is easy for my husband and myself 
to pull out and see what needs to be done. Where we are at and
what the week ahead looks like.

Do you guys have a family planner/ binder? 
What system have you found that works best for you?

I have always been when of those unorganized, organized people. 
So I am trying to get more organized... Here is to wishful thinking!

Before I leave you here is my sweet boy exhausted from our busy Monday=)


Happy Planning,
Ashley 


No comments:

Post a Comment