Friday, April 13, 2012

Fun 5k...Say What?








When I started my workout and diet at the beginning of this year,
 I said that I wanted to be able to do a 5K race in 2012. 

I have been browsing the internet for local races and trying to figure out which one I want to do.
Last night a friend of mine posted on The Color Run, so I googled it 
and lets just say I have found my race and I am so excited I can't stop thinking about it!!!


It looks like such a good time and I think it would be great to do as my first 5K race. 

I am going to go to the one in Memphis Tn. since that is the closest race to where we live and I am hoping to get an awesome team of fun friends together to do it with me! 

Just thought I would share with you all since I am so excited about it. Go to there sight and check out there locations they have over 30 races across the US this year, but hurry because when registration opens for a city it seems to fill up fast. 

Here are my questions for you guys since I am not a seasoned runner what are some ways for me to prepare. I know this one isn't about speed or time, but I would like to at least run the whole thing. =)

How do you train. What do you eat to help you get in the right shape. 
What are you favorite running shoes? 

Look forward to hearing from you guys!!! 



all of the picture found here http://thecolorrun.com/

Until Next Time, 
Ashley 

4 comments:

  1. Let me know if you decide to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am for sure doing it! As soon as they open registration this girl is signing up!!!

      Delete
  2. So fun!! Congrats to you for taking the steps to run a 5k. I've been a runner for 2 years now, but have not participated in any races yet. Sounds fun and challenging though. Good luck to you! I would suggest runners magazine. They give a lot of advice and tips on running and getting ready for races.

    ReplyDelete